Thursday, June 14, 2007

Journalism awards

I just wanted to share some news that I have won two awards for a story that I did right before I had Ben. I actually worked on it for 5 months and was about to finish it when Ben came along. I finished it while he was in the NICU.

Here's a link from The Spectrum's Web site about the Regional award I won:

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070612/BUSINESS/706120336/1046/CUSTOMERSERVICE02

I won 2nd place for the region in investigative reporting and just received word yesterday that I won 1st place for Utah in investigative reporting.

The Utah Chapter of Society of Professional Journalists is who I will be receiving my 1st place award for the same story on Washington City. I was interviewed by the Ogden Standard Examiner for a column that will be in their Monday paper (and online).

I am thrilled with winning both awards; however, the SPJ award is even more special to me because I was up against all newspaper and television reporters in the state.

It feels so good to be noticed-- even though I don't write full-time anymore.

I am hoping for the same success for my book ventures!!!

1 comment:

Ama said...

Congratulations thats awesome. You have worked hard, I am glad that you were recongnized!!! Love ya, Amanda